|Approximate Years in Business||1955 to present.|
|Location(s)||509-511 South Olive Ave., W.P.B.|
Presently 1235 Park Lane South, Jupiter
|Comments, Highlights, Stories|
“Audio*Hi-Fidelity*Electronics” March 18, 1972. (PB Post) “Peerson Audio is the new name for Henry Peerson Audio, which has been in business for 16 years at the same location. The firm, which continues with Henry Herndon Peerson as president, is having an open house March 20-April 1, 1972 to celebrate its new name and remodeled store. Henry and Arystine Peerson have been joined in the business by their son Allen, who heads the commercial department.”
Peerson Audio began by designing, building and installing custom Hi-Fi systems. Peerson Audio was an early Electro-Voice distributor.
In 1979 Faith Lutheran Church held a large benefit concert for Vietnam refugees at John Prince Park. Entertainment was supplied by the bands Gold Coast, Hampton, The 40 piece Symphonic band of the Palm Beaches, and Hughie Burns and the County Line. Peerson Audio supplied the audio equipment.
In 1994 Peerson Audio was awarded a $1.55 million contract for the sound and recording system in the new Palm Beach County Courthouse. (They were previously the contractor for the sound system at the WPB Auditorium, in the mid 1960s.)
Henry H. Peerson and his wife Arystine Peerson moved to South Florida in 1951. Henry attended Lake Worth High School and the University of Florida. He retired from the company and left it in the hands of son Allen. He also was the first elected mayor of Palm Beach Shores. He passed away on Dec. 17, 2005. Mrs. Peerson was a schoolteacher and co-founder of Peerson Audio Inc. She passed away at 95 on June 8th, 2012.
Allen Peerson attended The University of South Florida, receiving a degree in Physics, and The University of Texas in Austin, pursuing graduate studies in acoustics. He is a member of the Acoustical Society of America, AES and NSCA. Depending on volume of business, the company employs 50 or more people.